Child Support

Washington Child Support Attorney

As a family law firm with more than 30 years of experience, Monique Gilson-Moreau and Rhea Rolfe have represented numerous clients in child support matters, from the most basic to the most difficult and complex. We can assist you with the initial determination of child support and post-divorce adjustments and modifications of child support. The law office of Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S., also has experience in more difficult child support matters including identification of hidden income and enforcement of child support obligations.

Call 425-462-2226 for a reduced-rate consultation. Our goal is to resolve outstanding child support matters in an efficient and cost-effective manner.

Washington Child Support Lawyer

Our firm can represent you in all aspects of child support, including:

  • Determination of child support payments
  • Modification and adjustment of child support orders
  • Identification of income for child support
  • Collection of back child support
  • Paternity as it relates to child support

Under Washington law, the child support level is determined by the incomes of both parents and the amount of time the child spends with each. For the purposes of determining child support certain expenses such as taxes, health care insurance premiums, and pension contributions are deducted from income. If your spouse is self-employed, paid bonuses or commission income, a business owner, or paid in cash, our attorneys and our network of financial experts are skilled at identifying hidden income and calculating child support in these difficult situations. In some circumstances, the amount of child support can be less or more than the amount called for by the child support guidelines. Deviations from the guidelines may be indicated in cases of poverty, significant wealth, or when the children have special needs.

Post-Divorce Child Support Modifications, Adjustments, and Enforcement

The support level can change over time due to changes in the circumstances of either parent—such as an increase or decrease in income, disability, or a change in the child’s residential placement (custody). Gilson-Moreau &Associates, P.S. can go to court on your behalf when these or other events occur, with the aim of obtaining a modification or adjustment in the child support payment.

Contact a Washington Divorce and Child Support Attorney

For a reduced-rate consultation with Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S., located in Bellevue, Washington, call 425-462-2226 today, or contact our family law office online.