Child Custody/Visitation

Washington Child Custody Attorneys

Child custody and visitation are among the many issues that need to be resolved in a divorce. For many of our clients, it is the most important issue, and quite naturally so. More and more, custody is awarded to parents, or someone close to a child’s mother or father, even though this arrangement might be inappropriate. This may be due to abuse, incarceration, drug or alcohol abuse, or mental illness. We can advise relatives, grandparents or even family friends on the process and file a petition for non-parental custody.

The law firm of Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S., can advise and represent you in all matters involving child custody, visitation, parenting plans, post-divorce custody modifications, and parental relocations. Call us at 425-462-2226 for a reduced-rate consultation.

The Law, Your Rights, and the Best Interests of the Child

In Washington State, the law requires that a parenting plan be developed that identifies the primary residence of the child, the primary caregiver, and the time that the other parent can spend with the child. While this is supposedly one of the final outcomes of the divorce process, in practice, the temporary arrangements established early on often become the basis for the final parenting plan. It is essential that your rights and the best interests of the child are protected from the start.

Our Washington child custody lawyers have helped clients resolve child custody, visitation, and parenting plan issues for more than 20 years. We are strong advocates for our clients and their children and will represent you with passion and conviction.

Our firm can address all your child custody and parenting plan problems, such as:

  • Child custody
  • Visitation and parenting plans
  • Parental relocations
  • Modifications in custody and visitation
  • Paternity as it affects visitation rights
  • And others

Protecting Your Relationship With Your Child

As experienced child custody lawyers, we believe that you are entitled to a rich, meaningful, and mutually beneficial relationship with your children. Our firm will use the law to protect your rights so that you can enjoy this relationship and draw strength and inspiration from it. Whether it involves a modification of a parenting plan or a proposed move out of state by a parent, the law firm of Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S. will work to protect your rights and your relationship with your child.

If you would like a reduced-rate consultation with a Washington divorce lawyer at Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S., call 425-462-2226 or contact our family law office online.